Lorcaserin is helped together with diet and exercise to treat obesity. Lorcaserin is affecting appetite signals in the brain, helping you feel full with smaller meals. Lorcaserin manufacturer is sometimes used to treat obesity that may be related to diabetes, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure. Lorcaserin is one of the weight-loss drugs that is acting on the brain. Lorcaserin is an agonist of the 5-HT2C receptor. The drug is decreasing food intake and body weight in rodents. 5-HT is referring to 5-hydroxytryptamine, also known as serotonin. 5-HT2C receptors are expressed on the arcuate nucleus of POMC neurons in the hypothalamus.
Important Information of Lorcaserin
Serious drug interactions can be occurring when certain medicines are used together with lorcaserin. You can tell each of your healthcare providers about all medicines you use now, and any medicine you start or stop using.
- Before taking this medicine
You should not use the lorcaserin manufacturer if you are allergic to it. Do not use lorcaserin if you are pregnant. Weight loss during pregnancy can be harming an unborn baby, even if you are overweight. You can tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant during treatment. Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- Congestive heart failure
- A heart valve disorder
- Slow heartbeats or heart block
- Sickle cell anemia
- Leukemia or myeloma
- Kidney or liver disease
- A physical deformity of the penis
More people are taking lorcaserin that were diagnosed with cancer compared with people taking an inactive placebo. It is not clear whether lorcaserin causes cancer. You can talk to your doctor about your own cancer risk while taking lorcaserin.
- You should not breastfeed while using lorcaserin.
- Lorcaserin is not approved to use by anyone younger than 18 years old.
How to take lorcaserin?
- You can be following all directions on your prescription label and you can read all medication guides or instruction sheets.
- The regular tablet is commonly taken 2 times per day. you can be following your doctor’s instructions.
- Swallow the extended-release tablet whole and do not crush, chew, or break it.
- You may be taking lorcaserin with or without food.
- You can lose at least 5% of your starting weight during the first 12 weeks of taking lorcaserin and eating a low-calorie diet.
- You can call your doctor if you are not losing at least 5% of your starting weight after taking the medicine for 12 weeks.
- Lorcaserin is one of the complete programs of treatment such as diet, exercise, weight control, and possibly testing your blood sugar.
- You can follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely.
- You can keep the medication in a place where others cannot get to it.
- You can keep track of your medicine like tadalafil powder.
- You can use it improperly or without a prescription.