No more shaving or waxing – all of these take time, but for people who prefer to have smooth, hairless skin , there is high quality Laser Hair Removal Bristol offering effective laser hair removal for both men and women.
Medical research suggests that laser is more effective than intense pulsed light (IPL) in permanent hair reduction and requires fewer treatments.
Popular Areas for treatment
- Face-top lip,
- bikini line
How does it work?
A beam that is produced out of the laser, brings out a concentrated light which is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicles. It works by selectively heating up the hair follicle, which damages it and reduces its ability to regenerate. There are three main types of lasers:
- Diode – The Diode Laser is very effective for light and dark skin.
- Alexandrite – This laser is the fastest of all laser types and works best for treating larger body areas among patients who are having light-to-olive complexions.
- Nd: YAG – This long pulse laser can be used safely on all skin types, including tanned skin. The effectiveness of this light is better on fine hair when compared to other types of lasers.
‘Lumenis Lightsheer desire’ is the category of a “gold standard laser” that gives outstanding results in permanent hair reduction. There are certain things to be followed and maintained when the patient undergo this therapy:
- People with thick, coarse, and dark hair are the best candidates according to Laser Hair Removal Bristol team.
- Any medications that are photosensitive need to be stopped at least one week prior to treatment or patients should not be using skincare with strong actives such as retinoid and alpha hydroxyl acids.
- You need to attend every session and listen to your practitioner to get effective treatment.
- Unlike getting a bikini wax, you should not cancel your treatment due to your period.
- You should not wax, tweeze, or bleach any hair one month before your session because the root needs to stay intact in order for the laser to effectively destroy the hair.
- You need to apply SPF to the affected area after your treatment.
Is LHR Safe?
There are many myths and misconceptions that surround LHR. If you are handled by a trained technician using the correct equipment, in a clean, safe and appropriate environment, Laser Hair Removal Bristol is absolutely, without question, safe to make you feel the fuzz free skin.