Yoga is a science that revives a person physically, mentally, and emotionally. This healing technique originated in ancient India several years ago and became popular worldwide in the 1960-70s when great rock bands like the Beatles started practicing Yoga. Soon, it became almost like a cult and everyone in the U.S. and Europe has started performing Yoga. Yoga studios are becoming as popular as corner stores or cafés and there is one on every street. Yoga mats are being sold at every convenience store and supermarket due to high demand.
Is there any truth in the claim that yoga helps you physically, mentally, and emotionally? Let us analyze.
Reasons Why Yoga Helps
Yoga can transform a person and rejuvenate him physically, mentally, and emotionally in the following ways.
Yoga improves the mental health of a person through its meditative exercises, body-balance poses, and deep breathing techniques.
- Relieve muscle strain and inflammation and relax the body
- Removes stress and calm the mind by soothing the central nervous system.
- Yoga sharpens the mind and improves concentration and focus.
- Cures attention-deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Relieves sleep disorders
- Yoga offers time for the brain to relax in an otherwise hectic day
- Cures even acute mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, and schizophrenia
- Yoga increases the level of GABA – Gamma Amino butyric acid which regulates nervous activity and I low for depression patients.
Practicing yoga for 12 minutes daily using a sturdy yoga mat brought from expert suppliers will help boost our cognitive ability and mental health.
Yogic exercises are some of the top exercises for improving the physical health of a person.
- Strengthens the muscles and bones
- Improves body balance, posture, and flexibility
- Removes back-pain and spine problems like disc prolapse
- Burns excess fat and reduces weight
- Effective for people with arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.
- Enhances insulin secretion and regulates blood sugar, thereby controlling diabetes
- Meditation and deep breathing cure hypertension
- Improves breathing and increases lung capacity
- Reduces cholesterol and stress, controlling cardiac diseases
- Improves oxygen and blood circulation for better immunity and physical fitness.
Yoga has a tremendous impact on the emotional and spiritual well-being of an individual.
- Yoga strengthens the mind-body connection
- Helps control anger and negativity by calming your nerves
- Fights depression by increasing the levels of GABA: Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
- Streamlines the chakras to help you master your emotions
- Offers an equanimity of mind through meditation and deep breathing
- Improves tolerance of pain
- Helps you gain concentration and focus
- Deep-breathing induces introspection and problem-solving
- Maintains the emotional balance by controlling the hormonal levels
- ‘Stress’ is a forgotten word
Yoga is the only form of complete body and mind exercise that can help you physically, mentally, and emotionally. Practice yoga daily to improve your personality and power. Use a good quality yoga mat to perform yoga.
Why do you need a Yoga Mat?
A yoga mat is an absolute must while performing Yoga because
- Offers a firm surface for you to perform Yoga
- Prevents you from skidding and falling
- Offers a cushioning effect to support your body
- Prevents you from bruising or chafing your skin
- Helps you perform yoga with proper balance
- Keeps you clean and away from the dust and dirt of the ground.
So, bear in mind that you should always use a yoga mat when you do yoga. Make sure that the yoga mat is non-toxic, does not run colour, and is waterproof, durable and washable. You should also buy a yoga mat cover to carry, hold, and store your mat. It should be of good quality material that lasts long, so buy only from trusted suppliers.
Practicing yoga daily can make you more dynamic and determined. Enhance yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally through regular yoga practice.