It has become an ongoing trend these days that both men and women are undergoing plastic surgery in order to prep up their looks and outward appearance. Women are actually more concerned about their looks and while previously plastic surgery were common among the celebrities, nowadays it has become extremely common among the laymen as well.
Whichever part of their body seem to be not perfect, people are going under the knife to correct those parts ad achieve a look that’s close to perfect according to them. So, do you think that this kind of plastic surgery can lead to an overall improvement of your health? If so, then how? Let’s take a look.
- Breast reduction: When a woman undergoes breast reduction, she can eliminate all sorts of back, shoulder and neck pain which are usually caused by huge breasts. There are also procedures which help reduce male breasts and this can also be undergone by male patients who wish to reduce their enlarged male breasts which later on become a cause of psychological stress.
- Reconstruction of breasts: After a woman has survived breast cancer and has gone through the surgery where her breasts have been removed, she might think of undergoing the breast reconstruction surgery. After going through this kind of surgery, the patients often get back their self-confidence.
- Abdominoplasty: This plastic surgery is also given the name of tummy tucking which removes sagging fat and skin around the abdomen area. This is a process which motivates most patients to maintain a weight that’s healthy and it also reduces the chances of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- Blepharoplasty: This is the medical name given to eyelid surgery and it addresses different aesthetic concerns. It also fixes different functional issues like vision problem and drooping eyelids.
- Liposuction: No, it is not that liposuction is the ultimate answer to weight loss and obesity but there are many obese people who opt for this when they don’t gain any such worthwhile result by taking action on their own. However, it is needed that liposuction patients should be exercising regularly and eating healthy as this later on decreases chances of heart issues and high blood pressure.
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty or nose job is usually performed either for medical or cosmetic reasons. There are many who suffer from a divided septum and if they go through such a nasal surgery, they will get a better glow of oxygen.
Dr. BJ Cohen is one of the most popular board certified cosmetic surgeons whom you can seek help of and if you’re still wondering about whether or not plastic surgery can improve your overall health, you should take into account the above listed points.